Young Person's Mental Health Course
This is our full one day course for mental health awareness in young people. This course follows on from the half day young person's mental health awareness training and goes into more detail about common mental health problems and how to help those with an issue.
Designed for adults that live with, work with or support young people. This course is specifically tailored for different age groups from 5 to 18 years old, covering children of primary, junior and secondary school ages.
On completion of this training course you will have:
- An understanding of common mental health issues that affect young people.
- The knowledge and ability to identify mental health issues in young people and help them find the support they need.
- The confidence and knowledge to be an ambassador for mental health awareness.
- The knowledge, skills, and confidence to support mental health and wellbeing.
What the course covers
During this one day course we help you to understand some of the most common mental health issues that affect young people today:
- The benefit of attending this course to you and everyone else
- What is mental health and mental ill health?
- Stigma and discrimination against people with mental illness
- The Mental Health First Aid action plan - and how to use it effectively
- Suicide rates amongst young people
- Self-harming the signs to look out for
- How to aid recovery from mental illness
- How to be more resilient and bounce back
- We will also cover issues such as anxiety, depression, eating disorders and psychosis.
On completion, you will receive a course manual to keep for future reference, and a certificate to confirm that you have attended a Young Person's Mental Health Training Course.