Advanced Mental Health Awareness Course
This is our full one-day mental health awareness training, specially designed for employees in the workplace and teaching staff, support staff and students in education arena.
It follows on from the half-day basic mental health awareness training and looks in more detail at the more common mental health problems and, importantly, how to help those with any such issue.
100% tailored training
As you would expect, this course is 100% tailored to specific needs and local conditions. We appreciate that every workplace, every educational facility is different, and that therefore there is no one standard set of mental health stressors, pressures and triggers. With this in mind, we aim wherever possible to tailor the exact content and format in order that you’ll gain maximum value from it.
What you’ll gain from the Course
- An understanding of common mental health issues that affect people in workplace and educational environments
- The knowledge and ability to identify mental health issues in people, and help them find the support they need
- The confidence and knowledge to be an ambassador for mental health awareness in your organisation or educational arena, and beyond
- The knowledge, skills and confidence to support mental health and wellbeing among your family and friends
What the course covers
The day is built around helping you to understand some of the most common mental health issues that affect people of all ages today:
- What is mental health and mental ill health?
- Stigma and discrimination of people with mental illness
- The Mental Health First Aid action plan – and how to use it effectively
- Suicide rates amongst young people
- Self-harming the signs to look out for
- How to aid recovery from mental illness
- How to be more resilient and bounce back
- We will also cover issues such as anxiety, depression, eating disorders and psychosis.
On completion, you’ll receive a Course Manual to keep for future reference, and a Certificate of Achievement acknowledging your attendance and attainment of Advanced Mental Health Awareness.